Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Elixir Strings field trial and survey (free strings!)

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Ian Perge, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    It took me a few reloads of Bass Player's* homepage to grab the revolving URL after I'd entered, but I figured this would be a great place for both the forum members to score some new strings as well as Elixir to get valuable information from knowledgeable bassists much like the G2 beta testing done by D'addario that led to the new ProSteels line almost two years ago...

"Bass Guitar magazine and Elixir® Strings are currently signing up bass players to participate in a large field trial of bass guitar strings. Participation in this research involves playing your preferred gauge of Elixir® Strings and then providing us with your impressions via two on-line surveys. The surveys should take less than 10 minutes each. To register to participate, please click below."

Elixir Strings Bass Guitar String Field Trial & Survey

You're given a variety of choices in gauges and 4 or 5-string sets: sorry, no sixers as I remember (I've since closed the window.)

*Interesting that Elixir mentions "Bass Guitar" in their promotional material, which leads me to believe that this is not affiliated with "Bass Player" but purchased advertising space on their site. I'm surprised that they would sell space to a competitor, however. :eyebrow:

2. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    Thats awsome Yay free strings do you know teh expected wait time????

3. thanks for the link! cant wait to try them out!

4. aquablue

aquablue

Apr 12, 2005
    Miami, Florida
    thanks for the link

5. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
  6. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
  7. This is awesome!!! I was gonna go buy a set of these really soon, but now I'll save about $50. Another great reason to be a part of Talkbass.

8. tekhna

tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
    Did you guys get any sort of confirmation email?

9. Nope

10. rsautrey

rsautrey Banned

Jul 27, 2000
    I didn't get a confirmation e-mail either. I wonder if that means that they already have enough people.

11. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    haha, yeah i could try.. i expect they wont send me an bomb in the mail or anything...

what is this? are they testing out new strings or somthing?

12. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Lets see if they send them to the land of cheese and choclolate.

13. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    Hmmm, I submitted info. Hopefully, a set of Heavys will be on their way. :)

(A BIG thank you if this works. :D )

14. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    I think it said 400 people are chosen. So, I assume it's random from the pool of people they get.

15. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    I doubt it's random...those are standard marketing survey questions by a major firm. Elixer will have a specific user in mind and will target that group based on the answers given.

16. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I signed up. I missed out on the G2 beta test, maybe I can get in on this one.

17. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    free strings - and the fact that they'll end up saving me 40 ish bucks is nice.

I still want some flatwounds...O well, get these and ebay or somethin :p

18. i think they reached their quota, i can't get back to the page (maybe i'm just greedy)