Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Elixirs on an G&L L2500

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by FatDaddyBlues, Mar 15, 2002.

1. FatDaddyBlues

FatDaddyBlues

Feb 27, 2001
    I am in the market for an L2500 and when I get it (hopefully in a few months) I was going to have it set up with elixirs. I played a buddy's bass who had them and like them. THoughts??

2. I had a G&L L2500 which I put Elixirs on, and to tell the truth, I liked neither the bass nor the strings. Never could get the B string to happen.

3. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    My experience was exactly the same as Marty's re: the bass. I like the strings on other basses.

4. FatDaddyBlues

FatDaddyBlues

Feb 27, 2001
    Boogie did you also have an L2500? Ive heard nothing but great thimgs about them (sorry if this is getting out of the "strings" discussion)

5. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Yes, I owned an L2500 for about a year. I bought it new. It felt clunky, was heavy and I didn't like the B string much. Well-made with a variety of tones but the bass just didn't do it for me. I sold it for about what I paid on Ebay. I greatly prefer Stringray 5's, of which I have two.