1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Elmo attacked at Guitar Center

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by onlyoneZ, Sep 27, 2010.

1. I did a search and didn't see anyone post this.
    Lemme guess, Elmo was trying to play a bad version of Stairway to Heaven? Or even worse, the riff from smoke on the water. Over and over and over again, and out of tune. I'd kick his ass for that.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/25161427/detail.html

WINTER PARK, Fla. -- The Winter Park Police Department broke up a fight Saturday after a man attacked another man who was dressed as Elmo.

The attack occurred about 3 p.m. Saturday when the man dressed like Elmo went into the Guitar Center at the Winter Park Village, police said.

Police said the man was hired to perform as Elmo at a children's event at the Winter Park Village and took a break. Police said the man was browsing in the guitar store when the assailant walked in.

According to police, the attacker went right for Elmo, causing a disturbance in the store and starting a fight.

Elmo was able to fight off his attacker as punches were thrown and broke a few of the assailant's fingers, police said.

Police said they broke up the fight and took the attacker to Florida Hospital Orlando, where he was treated for the broken fingers, then Baker Acted -- temporarily detained for a mental health evaluation.

Police said Elmo was not hurt, and no children saw the fight.

According to Winter Park police Lt. Wayne Farrell, he said he has never seen an Elmo attack in his 37 years of experience.

2. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    All he would've had to do was tickle Elmo to take him down...no need for violence! Geez!

I especially like that Elmo broke the guy's fingers! :D

3. Probably retaliation for taking that Kate Perry skit off the air.

4. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Inactive

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    I love Florida.

5. Jerose

Jerose

Nov 28, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    Which begs the question, did anyone else see her SNL skit?

All I can think about when I hear about Elmo is a stretched out face on a shirt.

And it's nice.

6. That line cracked me up :D

7. Batmensch

Batmensch

Jul 4, 2010
    Media, PA.
    Well, what do ya know, Elmo be a badass.

8. PSPookie

PSPookie Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Lubbock, TX
    Elmo keeps it real.

9. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Inactive

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Best line of the whole piece.

10. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    Elmo is a pussy, I'd make him Tap Out

11. echoSE7EN

echoSE7EN

Jul 1, 2010
    Balto., MD
    I guess I don't get my Elmo was (in full costume) in the store...

12. Skitch it!

Skitch it!

Sep 6, 2010
    Elmo should have a look at Keef's technique :)

13. Successgrin-1.jpg

14. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    Don't-you-tickle-me Elmo.

15. How would you like to be the guy who has to say: "I started a fight with Elmo from Sesame Street and he whooped my ass"?

16. PSPookie

PSPookie Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Lubbock, TX
    fixed

17. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

LMAO!

I'm the parent of a disabled child who has been infatuated with Elmo for the past nine years. Our house is littered with dozens of Elmos.

While I can understand the desire to jump Elmo, he is "from the street" (albeit Sesame Street) so you'd better bring it if you're going to roll up on him. :p

Maybe Elmo was playing "Stairway to Heaven" on the guitar at GC? Or maybe he asked the guy "what's the best bass for metal?" I can understand the attack a lot better in that context.

18. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    I wish someone had their camera phone and videoed this.

Sounds surreal. Like something out of an acid trip.

19. I guess that means they're seeing a sudden increase in the frequency of Elmo attacks.

20. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Exactly! You don't want Elmo to call his homie, Grover, for help. Grover is ****ing CRAZY!!!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021