Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Elrick 5, MIJ Fender Jazz FOR SALE

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by C-5KO, Aug 15, 2005.

1. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Looking to sell:

Elrick 5 String
    Singlecut
    Burled Walnut Top
    Maple neckthru
    Swamp Ash body
    Bartolini J's, and preamp

Unfortunately I've found that a 5 string isn't for me. The tone on this Elrick is one of the best I've heard. Very punchy. Almost bolt-on'ish. Great mids, and buttery bass!

This bass was previously owned by Jokerjkny.

edit: it's now being sold for less than the entire amound I paid for it.

Asking $1999 + shipping w/ gig bag. Also, he shipped it with an extra set of Zon strings, that I will also include.

Fender Jazz MIJ 1987? 62' reissue
    Maple neck
    Rosewood fretted fingerboard
    Rosewood fretless fingerboard
    black finish
    Black hipshot tuners
    bartolini J's
    bartolini preamp
    original pickups

This bass was my first bass. I purchased it when I was in high school. I'm not sure of the exact year, but I still have the original receipt. I just need to find it.

Originally this bass had the fretless neck, which I later replaced with a fretted neck. The sale includes both necks. This bass is in good condition. There are a few dings and dents, but overall it still looks pretty good considering I owned it when I was a teenager ;) . I think I still have the original pickups also. The input jack has been moved to the side, as well a battery compartment has been installed in the back.

I'm not sure how much to ask for this one, since it holds sentimental value. I'll try to check comparable prices on ebay.

$650 + shipping.

PM me if you're interested in either of these basses.

Thanks.

Edit:

Both are now for sale. I've dropped the Elrick price, and included the gig bag that it was sold with.

2. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Taken from Joker's for sale thread of the Elrick:

Specs

- neck thru construction
    - figured walnut top and matching headstock
    - swamp ash wings
    - maple neck and body block
    - macassar ebony fingerboard
    - 35" scale
    - 24 fret
    - zero fret
    - Bartolini humcancelling J pickups
    - Bartolini 3 band onboard pre w/ variable mids selector

tonally, is one of the more growly fat basses i've used, and yet has a smooth sweet top end. nothing too aggressive about it, but has tons o' punch for a neck thru. and it has one of THE best low B's i've ever heard. also, is the single lightest bass i've ever owned. weighs about as much as my '56 relic strat!

bass was my main gigging bass for 3 yrs., before my current sadowsky. and has been babied to no end. not a mark, scratch, dent to speak of. doesnt have strap buttons, so i'll include my brown strap with dunlop strap locks.

3. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Here are pics of both basses:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I'm curious, what is your price for the Elrick?

5. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Both of these bass are now officially for sale:

Price drop on Elrick to $2200 + shipping, gig bag included.

Price for Fender Jazz is $700 + shipping.

I will post the specifics of the Jazz bass, as I still have yet to find the original receipt.

6. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    I'll buy the fretted neck off of you. I'm in Ottawa right now till next Tuesday.

7. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    I'd rather not have the buyer of the bass have to install a neck and setup it up. I'll have to see how it goes, and get back to you.

Thanks though.

8. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    bump

price drop on elrick to $1999.

price drop on fender jazz (both fretted and fretless necks with one bass) to $650.

9. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Driving to Montreal Tuesday morning to fly home.

10. do you have a pic of the fretless board

11. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    I'll have to take some when I get back in to Toronto on Monday.

It's pretty much a standard fretless Jazz neck. Chrome hardware, rosewood fingerboard. Minimal wear, as I swapped necks early on.

12. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada

Here's the original fretless neck, plus pickups, plus I found the pickguard as well.

All included in the sale![​IMG]

13. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Final price drop, then ebay:

Elrick 5 string Singlecut $1950.

Fender Jazz MIJ 62 RI, 1980ish $599 (fretted + fretless neck).

14. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Yep. PM'd. Holla for a Torontonian brotha! :D

15. I sent you a PM, not sure if you got it, but are you interested in selling just the fretless neck? I'm avaliable to come to you to pick it up so no shipping would be needed.

16. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    I've had a few inquiries about the fretless neck. I would much rather sell the bass and the neck together. I could probably make more, selling the items separately, but I would rather the neck go with the original bass.

If the bass doesn't sell on ebay, then I may disassemble it, and sell everything separately.