Elrick Bass Guitars Introduces Headless Series to Custom Lineup

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, Feb 26, 2024.

1. TalkBass

TalkBass News Poster

Mar 12, 2004
    Elrick Bass Guitars (Chicago, IL), Price TBD. Elrick Bass Guitars is excited to announce the addition of a headless option on hand-carved series bass guitars. Initially previewed on the 2023 Gold Series SLC MkII bass of prolific solo bass practitioner and educator Steve Lawson, a headless bass option is now available to all. According the Elrick, “The excitement surrounding Steve’s MkII SLC bass at 2024 NAMM confirmed that the time is right to add a headless option to our extensive range of custom options.” To date, Elrick instruments have only been offered with traditional headstock construction but, in response to market demand, custom features will now include a headless option in 4-, 5- and 6-string models.

Headless bass guitars share these features with the traditional headstock series:

24 frets + zero fret
    exotic wood top
    hand rubbed oil finish
    2-way adjustable truss rod
    custom Bartolini pickups
    custom Bartolini 3-band preamp
    fully shielded control cavity
    Hipshot bridge
    Dunlop Straploks
    Elrick Fundamental strings

The headless option can now be selected when submitting custom order requests via the form on elrick.com, contacting the Elrick Sales Office directly, or working with your favorite Elrick dealer.

ElrickHeadBodyCutout.png ElrickHeadlessHeadstockCutout.png ElrickHeadlessFullCutout.png

2. Son of a canine of the female persuasion...I just bought an Ibanez EHB...:bawl::bawl::rollno::crying:

3. monsterthompson

monsterthompson The Eighth Note Wonder Of The World Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood
    Oh man. I'm clicking on the link.

[​IMG]

4. mrperkolator

mrperkolator

Jan 4, 2020
    Those look to be using double ball end strings if that makes a difference for anyone

5. Brother Goose

Brother Goose Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2013
    Nashville TN
    God Is Love
    the mention of "Elrick Fundamental Strings" probably means they have an OEM making strings for this purpose.

that's an astute observation.

I've never owned an Elrick but one of the best sounding basses I've EVER played was a semi hollow 6 string fretless at the Bass Palace in Scranton, PA back in 1998

6. Quentin MCB

Quentin MCB

Jun 9, 2020
    France
    Wow, they are really good looking !

7. mrperkolator

mrperkolator

Jan 4, 2020
    I only mentioned it because I know there’s players that are married to their favorite string, which may not be available in double ball.

8. wintremute

wintremute mediocrity at its finest

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Endorsing Artist: Langstrom Carrot Farms
  9. Barticus

Barticus Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2017
    Midwest
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
  10. Wavy

Wavy

Mar 23, 2016
    Misfit Toyland
    That's a great feature. FWIW a HeadlessUSA aftermarket adapter on my Cort headless fretless allows tape wounds, which aren't available in double ball end.

11. Astronaut

Astronaut

Jul 21, 2013
    Summoning the 90’s came to flush that body away.

12. That logo look like the Cort one.

13. TideSwing

TideSwing Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2014
    Las Vegas
    I'd love a headless with the Icon P body with a crotched walnut top and jazz pickups.