Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

elrick bass sound in songs...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fleabee, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Any songs off the top of your head sound like a soapbar elrick sound?

2. that sounds really cool, what were your bass,mids,tre set at...any idea?

3. For the first one (Incubus clip) I think I just had either the lower or middle mids boosted a bit (I LOVE the 3 way midrange switch btw :D ). Pickups panned center.

And for the second one, I don't remember exactly what I did for the final version of that song. But I do know that for this Tone-test on the song, I had everything set flat.

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=625223&T=1643

Both clips were recorded straight to the board through a DI. :bassist:

4. Bryan R. Tyler is a bit of an elrick fan, and i know that he has a few clips...i don't have a link or anything though...

5. lokire,what hardware are you using for the recording?

6. I'm going through a Klark Teknik DI -- to a Mackie 1402 Mixer -- to an M-Audio Delta 66 soundcard. Recorded to Adobe Audition :)

7. has a nice sound to it..

8. Lokire,
    On the very first cut, "nice to see you" -- I guess it's your Elrick singlecut, do you have J pickups or soapbars on there? The tone really fits the style of the music well. I'm more of a "modern" style player but I still think the instrument sounds good.

I hope to some day own an Elrick. I have always wanted one.

9. They're J pickups...I think. They're Bartonlinis in a J-stye anyways.

[​IMG]

:hyper:

10. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    I see your bass protects your spending habits!

11. haha, yeah. All of the $7 that I have left :p

12. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    If you go to the link in my signature (the music one), I have samples of all of my Elricks on my mp3s page. All three of mine have Bart soapbars.