1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Elrick bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rockindoc, Sep 22, 2003.

1. rockindoc

rockindoc Daily Lama

Jan 26, 2002
    Bonham, Tx
    There was an Elrick Gold Standard 5 on Ebay with an opening bid of $1475. Excellent condition, with wenge board, burl maple top, satin finish, Bartolini pups and preamp, and OHSC. No bids! I was tempted, so I emailed the seller, who said he was the original owner,it was mint, and he paid $2300 for it in 2002. It looked really nice. Is $1475 an unreasonable price for one of these?

2. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    No, but for whatever reason, they resale for pretty low. I guess the demand for them isn't that high. I really think that a used Elrick is one of the best deals out there.

3. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    $1475 used would be an excellent deal. I would definately hwave bought it. But of Course... Elrick basses are my favorite basses

4. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    I can play ANY brand bass I choose to. I choose my Elrick over anything else I own or have played.

5. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    $1475 for an excellent condition GS 5 with a figured top is very reasonable. OHSC?

6. Gsxtasy99

Gsxtasy99

Jul 10, 2003
    Boston, MA
    As an Elrick owner, all i can say is

go for it