Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Elrick bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rockindoc, Sep 22, 2003.

1. rockindoc

rockindoc Daily Lama

Jan 26, 2002
    Bonham, Tx
    There was an Elrick Gold Standard 5 on Ebay with an opening bid of $1475. Excellent condition, with wenge board, burl maple top, satin finish, Bartolini pups and preamp, and OHSC. No bids! I was tempted, so I emailed the seller, who said he was the original owner,it was mint, and he paid $2300 for it in 2002. It looked really nice. Is $1475 an unreasonable price for one of these?

2. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    No, but for whatever reason, they resale for pretty low. I guess the demand for them isn't that high. I really think that a used Elrick is one of the best deals out there.

3. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    $1475 used would be an excellent deal. I would definately hwave bought it. But of Course... Elrick basses are my favorite basses

4. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    I can play ANY brand bass I choose to. I choose my Elrick over anything else I own or have played.

5. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    $1475 for an excellent condition GS 5 with a figured top is very reasonable. OHSC?

6. Gsxtasy99

Gsxtasy99

Jul 10, 2003
    Boston, MA
    As an Elrick owner, all i can say is

go for it