Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Elrick Basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dirty Road Cola, Oct 31, 2000.

1. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    I've just been cruising the internet, and I came upon these beauties. Has anyone played one? Only store to have them I've found is Giampietro Guitars in Conneticut, but, alas, I am in Orlando (I could check with bass central..) If so, how do you they sound?

Yes, it G.A.S, but it will go unfufilled ;)

Thanks,
    Neal

2. Man, I have G.A.S. for an Elrick New Jazz Standard. If my Carl Thompson hadn't worked out, I was going to pursue an Elrick. I've never played or heard one though. Besides Giampietro, you can check The Bass Palace, Electric City Music, or L.A. Bass Exchange websites.

3. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    Rob Elrick makes a terrific instrument. Workmanship is top notch, they feel great and sound the same. I too, "need" an Elrick

Mike

4. Bass7755

Bass7755 Supporting Member

Oct 27, 2000
    Roanoke, Va.
    I posted about a month ago under dan a (I have a new screen
    name).I read about Elrick in the last issue of Bass Frontiers...good interview! His web site has some great pics too. Yes I have gas. But I just got my Fodera back from the Big Apple today. Man,did I miss it!! The Elrick 6 will have to wait for a while.
    Dan

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Some Elricks look very kewl. Some look very dufus (it's that headstock). I don't know which is which, so that's all on that.

6. Bibby

Bibby Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2000
    i just got one last week! it is my holy grail, hands down. no time to write, but i'll copy and paste what i wrote on the fender forum.....

the most amazing bass i've ever played......is an ELRICK- duluxe 4 neck thru.
    i took a chance and traded for it sight unseen, having never seen or played one. i wasn't expecting much, just hoping to get a cool bass. this thing is unbelievable! it can only weigh about 7 pounds, is woderfully crafted, stunning looks, and best of all it sings! it has a 35" scale, which makes for a tight, punchy feel and sound like i've never known till now.

i'm borderline giddy w/ excitement! has anyone else tried an Elrick? i know he's not the most well known builder (i'd never heard of him until the trade was proposed), but these basses are definitely worth trying out. unbelievable.

then the next day.......

i just got off the phone w/ rob elrick. very nice guy- answered all my questions, and told me all about my bass. it's only a year old (8/99), and he doesn't make many 4-stringers, so he remembered all the details about it perfectly, including which woods he used (ash core, zebra top and bottom, walnut heel, wengey neck and fretboard). i was curious about the finish, and care instructions, having no experience w/ these exotic woods. very willing to talk, and spend some time just chatting, giving me many good tips, despite being told up front i got it used- actually traded for it. very cool.

so, with my very limited experience so far with this bass and company, i must say i am very impressed. for the record i must say i'm in no way affiliated, just a very satisfied customer.

needless tosay i am floating right now. this bass just plain KICKS!

-bibby

7. membranophone

membranophone

Mar 19, 2000
    Madison, WI
    Mine should be arriving really soon. look at my "check out my newest bass" thread for pics. I'm buying it sight unseen, except for the pictures of course.