1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Elrick Cort? (ebay question)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Juniorkimbrough, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
  2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    The Postal MO shouldn't make you worry. Only a complete and utter fool would tell you to send a Postal MO if they were planning on scamming you since it amounts to wire fraud if they try anything funny.

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Looking over his feedback, it seems as though he is legitimate.

4. guitarkim79

guitarkim79

May 8, 2002
    Chicago
    The price seems about right to me, maybe a little bit high for a used Cort. Bass Central has a new 5 string Cort Elrick for $839.

The Cort Elricks are made in Korea - it's NOT a real Elrick. It's a budget version, like the Korean MTD Kingston/Heirs and the Lakland Skylines.

5. Hey Junior - I owned one of these basses and gigged with it for about a year.They sound great due to the Bart Mk1 pickups and pre.Good for fingerstyle playing (nice string spacing,great balance etc.) but make pickstyle playing hard as the body has nearly no sculpting - its almost a flat slab of wood.Also the one I owned had an intonation problem.In my opinion the bridge had been placed too close to the neck.You couldn't adjust the E and B saddles back far enough for perfect intonation.
    What I'm trying to say is that they are good basses but are made in Korea.Sort of luck of the draw.I ended up using all the hardware and transferring it all to a custom made neck and body!
    Also I own a Spector NS5CRFM and two other Cort Artisans and the Corts stack up against the Spector!They are great basses - maybe just a bit hit and miss.

6. v-12

v-12

Mar 3, 2005
    FL Panhandle
    never played one, but i agree that it should be a legit sale. he just sold an eden combo and a dean, which he recieved positive feedbacks for. he probably only accepts the money orders to save on the paypal fees and not have to worry about someone sending a check that will bounce.

7. skunkrawk

skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    DC
    nothing illegitimate about it, i've had my eye on one of these for a while now but i thought that 500 was just a little too high for a used one when i saw the auction, plus i want to try one out before i get one but there arent any cort dealers around here, anyone know a place in VA or DC where i can try one out?