Elrick Custom NJS5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by funkyshifty, May 4, 2012.

1. funkyshifty

funkyshifty

Jun 6, 2003
    regrettably up for sale is my beloved custom Elrick NJS5. This bass is a shining example of Rob Elrick's work. The body is light ash with the most amazing burled myrtle top ever! (from rob's "secret stash") The neck is maple/maple and is 35" scale. The neck shape is awesome and it feels/plays like a dream. I had Rob put his regular headstock on it (it is the best headstock shape ever!!) cause it looks awesome but also to make it fit my flight cases better. I think it looks very cool. It has Nordstrand Big Singles and an Aguilar OBP3 pre-amp with a series/parallel switch. This bass sounds UNREAL!! The B string is ridiculous, huge with great fundamental and sustain. The whole bass is nice and even from top to bottom of the fretboard. Detailed and focused but warm and very flexible.

If it's so great....why are you selling it you ask?

The ONLY reason I am selling this (and many other things) is I have a massive tax bill to pay off or i would never get rid of this bass. i have several of Rob's basses and picking a few to sell is like asking someone which fingers they want cutt off!

Truly painful.....:crying:

This bass would be around $3500 or so new, I am asking $2300. let me know if you have any questions

DSC02103.jpg
    DSC02102.jpg
    DSC02100.jpg
    DSC02101.jpg
    DSC02105.jpg

2. trainyourhuman

trainyourhuman

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    Best Elrick I've ever seen. I'm sorry you're giving it up.

3. Wow

4. Mr Guy

Mr Guy

Sep 27, 2010
    Having played this particular bass on numerous occasions, (big main stage country gigs as well as funk gigs) I can attest to the awesomeness of this bass! The Big Singles really opened it up and the B is 2nd to none.

5. funkyshifty

funkyshifty

Jun 6, 2003
    a couple of people have been asking about the weight. It is approx 8 1/2 lbs (scale fluctuates between 8 1/4 to 81/2 lbs)

6. Basso Gruvitas

Basso Gruvitas Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth TX
    Funky,
    What are the switches, since it's not the stock Bart preamp?

series/parallel (you said that above)
    active/passive?
    Mid shift?

7. funkyshifty

funkyshifty

Jun 6, 2003
    Yep you were pretty much right!
    The switches are active/passive, mid freq 400/800, and series parallel.

8. coyoteboy

coyoteboy Bongo destroys villages and does my laundry Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    I hope this isn't available next week! Ugh!

9. Bassandgolf

Bassandgolf

Jul 25, 2011
    Interesting Elrick. PM sent with question.

10. Bassandgolf

Bassandgolf

Jul 25, 2011
    Another pm sent

11. Cashu

Cashu

Feb 9, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Beautiful Elrick and the best looking NJS I've seen. Great idea to have the other (non-NJS) headstock on this bass.

12. funkyshifty

funkyshifty

Jun 6, 2003
    There has been a lot of interest and i've had a couple of offers come in that are pending so if anyone is seriously thinking about grabbing this up, they may not want to wait too long.......just putting that out there

13. bajocallao

bajocallao

Jul 13, 2006
    Woodside, New York
    Endorsing Artist: D'addario Strings, Aguilar Amplifiers
    Sweet bass

14. funkyshifty

funkyshifty

Jun 6, 2003
    Well you might be in luck!!! I was holding for a pending deal but I haven't heard back

15. funkyshifty

funkyshifty

Jun 6, 2003
    time for a bump

16. john m

john m Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2006
    Are they custom for Elrick?

17. funkyshifty

funkyshifty

Jun 6, 2003
    No the pickups are not custom,they are stock wind Nordstrand Big Singles. Possibly the greatest sounding single coil pickups ever!

18. Basso Gruvitas

Basso Gruvitas Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth TX
    File this under "I cannot believe this bass is not sold yet." I have so much GAS for this beauty!

19. funkyshifty

funkyshifty

Jun 6, 2003
    SOLD to John M!

Thanks John for giving her a good home!

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021