1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Elrick F-less, strings???

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by caesarbass, Aug 20, 2005.

1. caesarbass

caesarbass Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Media producer for Nordstrand Pickups, Wilkins Basses, G&L Guitars and Basses, Marco Basses, Tonecraft Audio, Lemur Music. I also run TheBassHang.com and am a dealer for Ulyate Pickups and Colibri Basses
    Just got my Elrick f-less back from the man himself, Mr. Rob Elrick. He strung it with his brand of strings, they're not available yet so I need alternatives. It's strung with nickel 45-130, with a tapered B. The bass has a Pink Ivory board. I was thinking of trying some Sadowsky nickels...any suggestions??? Bryan Tyler-Are you out there???? Thanks... :bassist:

2. JYD

JYD Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2001
    USA
    I see Elrick has now listed strings on his web site.
    Anyone know where his brand name strings can be purchased?

3. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    I think you can order them off the website.

4. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    I'm sure Bryan will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he uses Fodera strings - lighter gauges.

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Hey there- yep, I use Fodera Diamond series light gauges (40-60-80-100-120). I use the nickel kind rather than the standard stainless though, to save on board wear. I've used DR Sunbeams (and I think Fatbeams) on my pink ivorywood Elrick, and the Foderas just feel and sound better to me. They have a very usable sound when they're new AND when they've gone flat.

I'd like to try the Elrick strings, but they don't come in light gauges.