Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Elrick F-less, strings???

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by caesarbass, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Just got my Elrick f-less back from the man himself, Mr. Rob Elrick. He strung it with his brand of strings, they're not available yet so I need alternatives. It's strung with nickel 45-130, with a tapered B. The bass has a Pink Ivory board. I was thinking of trying some Sadowsky nickels...any suggestions??? Bryan Tyler-Are you out there???? Thanks... :bassist:

2. JYD

JYD Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2001
    USA
    I see Elrick has now listed strings on his web site.
    Anyone know where his brand name strings can be purchased?

3. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    I think you can order them off the website.

4. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    I'm sure Bryan will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he uses Fodera strings - lighter gauges.

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Hey there- yep, I use Fodera Diamond series light gauges (40-60-80-100-120). I use the nickel kind rather than the standard stainless though, to save on board wear. I've used DR Sunbeams (and I think Fatbeams) on my pink ivorywood Elrick, and the Foderas just feel and sound better to me. They have a very usable sound when they're new AND when they've gone flat.

I'd like to try the Elrick strings, but they don't come in light gauges.