Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Elrick Fretless Singlecut Five-string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Well, I sold my Elrick singlecut six to pay some bills and was able to replace it with a fretted Elrick singlecut four, and I'm on a really strong four-string-with-multiple-Hipshot-Extenders kick right now (who'da thunk it?), so I'm seeing if there's any interest in my Elrick fretless five so I can finance an Elrick fretless four-string.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Specs:
    Elrick Classic Singlecut Fretless Five-string
    35" scale
    Maple burl top
    Alder body
    Bubinga veneers
    Three-piece maple neck
    Pink ivorywood fingerboard
    Maple lines
    Position markers
    Alder tone block
    Pink ivorywood nut
    Removable pink ivorywood radiused ramp
    Bartolini P2 C soapbars
    Bartolin NTMB preamp

The bass is in very good shape. There are some very small scratches and dings on the bottom of the bass near the input jack, and one small ding on the side near the bottom- they're all little, but I tried to get a pic of them as best I could (pics are the attachments at the bottom). The fretboard is in perfect shape.

I replaced the Aero single coils it came with with Bart P2 soapbars shortly after I got the bass, and it sounds 1000x better IMO. The Aeros were an irregular size though, so there's a slight gap around each pickup's top and bottom. I've put two thin pieces of wood around the ramp to mostly fill the gaps.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The bass sounds very woody and organic- loud harmonics and a super-fast neck. Lots of TBers have tried this bass at the last NY GTG, and can attest to it's wonderful sound. Super light weight- I'd guess 7.5 to 8 lbs. The pink ivorywood ramp is actually less pink now than in the pics- it pretty much matches the fingerboard color exactly.
    [​IMG]

Accounting for the pickup gap and small dings, I'm asking just $2100 plus shipping, buyer pays PayPal fees if he wants to use it. Not looking for trades. I was able to pay my home repair bills on time, so I'm not in a rush to sell, although I may put it on eBay because I had good luck there last time.

A couple sound clips:
    Active
    Passive
    Overfield
    Lalalala (with E-bow)

Attached Files:

2. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Ugh, you're killing me here, Bryan. First the six and now this!

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Amazing thing about the six- I actually did find a four-string version of it that had almost the same specs...I really got lucky with that. Sorry for the GAS pains :)

4. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
  5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    o0o0 I loved this one when i played it.

6. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut