Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Elrick Fretted 5

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by nanook, May 7, 2003.

1. nanook

nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    Alaska
    This is a great bass and still perfect in every way, not the first ding or scratch. It hasn't been out of my house since I bought it. It is truly a playable, and bad to the bone, piece of art. This is the real thing, not a foreign copy. it was built in the late 90's, 1999 as I recall, and it really growls.

The neck is laminated strips of maple, babinga and wenga with a babinga fret board. The body is a maple core and each section is highlited withebony wood. The heel is walnut and the front, back and headstock are all nice thick burled maple. It comes with the original hard case.

At XXXXXXXX I will be loosing money on it and I will also pay the shipping.

It is time for me to move on to something else as I never got the hang of a 5 string.

Email me at cubdriver@gvea.net if you are interested.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    woah! :eek:

that is a very sweeeeeeet bass.

if i didnt have Betsy...

3. nanook

nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    Alaska
    I would consider a trade if someone is holding an "as new" Fender 4 string American Active Jazz Bass. It has 4 knobs instead of the usual 3 and the make it in a standard and delux version I believe, either of which I would consider.

4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    What kind of trade for the Fender?

5. nanook

nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    Alaska
    A new Fender American Deluxe Active Jazz sells for about $560 at AMS so I could allow that towards the Elrick, assuming the Fender is in "as new" condition.

I'm getting quite a few inquiries and I have a little flexability on the price for a cash deal , so if you want it, don't wait too long.

6. A Fender Deluxe Active Jazz might sell for $560 new, but that's the Mexican version, NOT the USA model.

7. arose11

arose11

Sep 30, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    :rolleyes: yeah but hes talking about the american version used, not mexican version new.

8. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    You might want to read nanook's last post. He specified an American model, though I don't think there is an American "Active" model. The price or the name of the bass is wrong.

9. arose11

arose11

Sep 30, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    there is an american active model, must be the price that was wrong.

10. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    There's an American Deluxe, I don't recall an American Active... seems it would be redundant.

This bass has American electronics but it's made in Mexico:

Active Jazz Bass (Mexico)

The "Standard" is Mexican too.

11. arose11

arose11

Sep 30, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
  12. nanook

nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    Alaska
    That is the one I want. The correct AMS price is $559.98 (I assume this is the American made one)with a soft case, probably another $100 for the good hard case.

13. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    nanook- you gotta show me where you got that price.. those things are about $1200--

14. nanook

nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    Alaska
    I must be screwed up, I bet AMS is selling the Mexican made model.

So about $1,200 for the American model. I could deal with that.

15. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    yeah, man- it gets confusing with fender.. i just paid $850 for a used 5 ( american jazz deluxe) great bass...
    i dont even thinnk ams has it correct- they have a pic of mex in the american deluxe page- i think.. its definitely not right, though- tthe american deluxe five has a smaller body and shorter pickgurad- as in the pic of the red fender above

16. nanook

nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    Alaska
    Actually, I think either one would work for me.

So, we gonna cut a deal?

17. nanook

nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    Alaska
    Sale Retracted, sorry.