Elrick Gold Standard Questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by grooveguru, Mar 6, 2004.

1. grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    I'm picking one of these up today and wondered if anyone had any comments concerning these or Elricks in general?

Does anyone know what strings and their respective gauges come stock on Elricks?

Pics and review coming soon!
  2. Gsxtasy99

Jul 10, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I've been told they play every bit as nice as the more expensive elricks. It's that's true, you're going to have one heck of bass.

I'm not certain what strings came on the bass, but i found them very nice. They had black windings and a tapered B-string. They were also fairly light gauge, .125-b string, .100 E string, ect.

Edit: this was a year ago, so i don't know if rob still uses the same strings.
  3. AJ Love

AJ Love

Oct 8, 2002
    Madison WI USA
    I am thrilled with my Elrick NJS 4 string. it has the best neck and best playability of any bass I've ever played (which includes many high end basses including Foderas and Sadowskys and Laklands)....I haven't played all that many different Elricks but from what people say his consistency is very strong, he doesn't make any poor basses

please post and let us know what you think when you get it
  4. MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    how much do the NJS and Gold Standards run usually?
  5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    You can get a Gold Standard new for about $2000-$2200 or so.
  6. MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
  7. grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Just got back from picking up the Elrick Gold Standard from fellow TBer Big Joe. I swapped my Lull P5 for it. Initial thoughts....Excellent workmanship, very modern Hi-Fi tone, plays like butta and the bass is light as a feather. I really like the passive option. I'll be checking it out further at practice tomorrow.

My first fellow TBer encounter as well. Joe thanks for the deal and it was great to meet you. We met halfway (live 3 hours apart) and swapped basses in the Comfort Inn parking lot between rain drops. :ninja:

Pics will be coming
  8. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I'm digging the Lull as well... Can't wait to try it out in a band setting, probably Tuesday. Sounds very warm and buttery, just like a P should!

With the Elrick, I found that the mid-selector switch was a very handy thing to have giving the bass incredible versatility... I usually kept it in the "up" position for the most part. Sounded fatter with a lot of presence... Enjoy it guru! :smug: