Elrick New Jazz Standard

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by De Teng, Mar 14, 2004.

1. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    I'm really curious about these basses. In the near future I want to buy a five-string, and discovered that a reviewer something said like, that 'I have to admit, this is better than anything that left the Fender factories during the sixties and seventies.'

So again... I'm really curious! Craftmanship must be of a high level of Rob Elrick's company, and I can't imagine buying one should be a bad choice.

Anyone experienced?

2. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Perhaps you can tell me some experiences with it? Sounds...versatality..etc..? Thanks in advance.

(how much did it cost?)
  3. AJ Love

AJ Love

Oct 8, 2002
    Madison WI USA
    I have an Elrick NJS 4 string which I am in the process of selling. Looks like I might trade it in towards the purchase of a Sadowsky 4

the Elrick NJS is a fantastic bass. the only reason I am selling is I realized that a 35 inch scale bass is not for me and I am going back to the familiar 34 inch scale

the craftsmanship is fantastic. the playability superb...incredibly low action. the tone is very very nice. definitely sounds like Bartolinis. this bass easily gets into the Marcus Miller slap tone zone. Played it on a gig and the sound cut through very well

tone is a very subjective thing, I don't think it sounds quite as agood as a Sadowsky bu I do think it has just as good or better tone than most other brands that I have owned/tried including Fodera

Rob Elrick is a very very talented luthier and these are truely hand-crafted basses..... I think used Elrick's and used Roscoes are the best deal going in terms of buying a Used bass of incredible quality for around $1200-$1400

4. :eek: :eek: :eek:
    That is a beautiful bass!! I'm also SERIOUSLY considering an NJ-5. I've played other models of Elrick bass and have found ALL of them to be very comfortable and playable.
    De Teng, where did you get that photo from?