Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Elrick Platinum 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by gruuv, Sep 12, 2005.

1. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    This was previously owned by TB'ers Dave Wilson and freakbass. It has an awesome burled maple top and back, swamp ash body, 3 piece maple neck, walnut heelblock, and a Brazilian rosewood fretboard (rare!). Electronics are Bartolini preamp and soapbar pickups with a three way toggle for active/passive/standby. Scale length is 35, 24 frets, 19mm string spacing. Weight is approximately 9 lbs. It still has the NAMM tag with options and a list price of $4600. I've never heard a neck-through or a swamp ash bodied bass with this kind of punch, I suspect due to the Brazilian rosewood. It's got some player wear but is in excellent shape. $1900, plus shipping. NO TRADES please.

E-mail for pictures. . . . . . . . .

2. Hope you don't mind - I found some pictures for ya. ;)

This beautiful bass needs to be SEEN :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Another good one I found :)

[​IMG]

4. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    All right, Lokire. . . I think you're overstepping your boundaries! :p

Just kidding! Seriously though, thanks for posting these. This is it folks, it's a monster. If you all know Rob's work, he's one of the best luthiers out there today.

5. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Time for a bump

6. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Bump for one beautiful bass!

7. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Thanks guys, and Midnight, that's one of the funniest avatars I've seen on here! :D

8. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee