Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Elrick Platinum Classic Singlecut Six-string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I'm considering sticking with five and maybe four-string basses, so I'm thinking about selling this Elrick to fund having a new custom five-string version of this one made.

This is my beautiful singlecut six-string.
    [​IMG]
    It plays incredibly easily and maintains very low action with no buzzing. Near mint condition- it's been babied. A few TalkBassers have played it and can attest to its playability and sound. Best B string I've played or heard, beautiful C string that's not thin-sounding at all. All the other strings sound great too :D It's a fantastic chordal instrument as well. Lots of upgrade options on this one as well.

Specs:
    Elrick Platinum series Classic Singlecut Fretted Six-string
    36" scale
    Maple burl top
    Mahogany body
    Walnut veneers
    Three-piece maple neck
    Cocobolo fingerboard
    Alder tone block
    Zero fret
    Removable ebony radiused ramp
    Bartolini P4 soapbars
    Bartolini NTMB 3-band preamp with 3-way mid selector
    Hipshot hardware

A couple more pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Most of the pics were taken in cool natural light- the bass has more saturated colors in person.

You can check out more pics and soundclips here.

I'm in no hurry to sell.
    Asking $2800. I can take PayPal, but buyer pays for PayPal fees.
    I'm not really interested in trades unless you have a singlecut Elrick five-string or maybe four-string (I've only seen one of those), a couple of non-singlecut Elricks, or a lined Zon Hyperbass. You can maybe PM me if you have something high-end with a 33" or 34" scale (nothing Fender-style), but I definitely prefer Elricks though.

2. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Now I wish I still had my singlecut 5 to trade you. :crying:

3. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    If the scale length were less I'd buy this right now. Good luck selling this beautiful instrument.

4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I played this bass at the NY GTG and it played effortlessly. Great bass!

5. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    +1. . . well, I didn't play it at the NY GTG but I used to own it and it's a prime example of Rob Elrick's skills as a luthier. Amazing bass!

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Thanks guys :)

I forgot to mention that I can do something that davidmwilson did for me to help with financing. If you have a PayPal Buyer's Credit account, there's a deal going on at eBay until 12/31 that any purchase made over $1000 made with your Buyers Credit will have no interest and no payments for 12 months. I can toss the bass up on eBay if a buyer wants so they can get the no interest deal.

Just thought I'd throw that in- it helped me out.

7. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    But now I have it! :hyper:

8. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    You interested in my SEries 1 at all?

9. Me too :p

Ah well - back to the Stage II :hyper:

10. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    As did i, only briefly though, since i really liked his fretless elrick, as well as the other fretted 5er.

11. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    It wasn't quite my cup of tea, but thanks for the offer :)

12. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    This hurts...

:(

13. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    I concur. . . I've even sworn myself to 5 only, but knowing how this bass plays/sounds. . . :crying:

:bawl:

14. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    If I had the money I'd buy it right now.... Are you interested in a Conklin, Bryan??

;)

15. Now that would be an interesting trade :D

16. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    A few too many strings for me, unfortunately, although I've admired them from afar.

17. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Man
    6strings with that spacing + 36" is pretty hardcore! But this bass looks like BUTTER

18. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Y'know, I was worried about that at first, but for it wasn't difficult at all, at least as far as 19mm and 36" scale. I'm used to 19mm, and the 36" wasn't hard to reach to my surprise. I'm only 5'8" with smaller fingers.
    [​IMG]

19. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Payment plan? :D

20. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Hey, there's the Buyer's Credit 12 months no payments/no interest plan for a couple days left that I mentioned before.

Just kidding though, I'm sure :D