Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Elrick stock strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by jobu3, Jan 3, 2004.

1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Anybody know what comes on them? I have a new Gold Standard 5 and was wondering what brand are on it. Search didn't bring much up and I know he is a hard man to get in touch with... Thanks! :)

2. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    don't know where else to ask... :bawl:

3. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    :confused: :meh:

4. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Big Joe,
    I'm sure you found out by now but they are DR Lowrider Stainless gauged .45 .65 .85 .105 and .125 tapered. I purchased an Elrick Gold Series Standard 5 yesterday and have had problems finding strings that fit. The D'Addario set's that I use on my Roscoe 35" scale basses won't work (the winding stops prior to the nut). Have you found any other brands beside the DR's that fit the Elricks. I have the same problem with my Warmoth Gecko. I used D'Addario Super Long Slowound's for several years but they are no longer available.

5. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
    I had the same problem with my gold std 4....it was a 35" scale and When I wanted to change the strings I couldn't find anybody (GC, Sam Ash) in my area that stocked XL gauge strings......well I did a little research and found that all KEN SMITH strings are measured to 37". The perfect fit.

6. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Thanks! I'll order a set and see how they sound and feel.