Elrick the Mighty!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RS, Jan 4, 2001.

1. RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Well I finally got my late Xmas gift (to myself)- an Elrick 4 string thru neck. I wanted to play it a couple days and jam with it against some distortiony guitars before I said anything, but I must say it is the best bass I've ever played.
    Unbelievable. It's all the sounds I've wanted out of a bass-warm, rich, organic, AND clear. I've played some high end stuff in my day, but I never thought any of them were worth the price tag (smith,pedulla,zon,alembic,fodera,etc.) The Elrick smokes them all. And I got a great price on it as well. Anyone else have any experiences with these basses?

Hey rojo, let me know when you're in next at GC and I'll bring it in for you to check out.

yheay for me!
  2. RS, I'm envious! Congrats.. got a picture?
  3. Bibby

Bibby Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2000
    congrats!!! i'll show you mine if you show me yours!

here's a link-

amazing bass isn't it? what scale is yours? mine is a 35".i know rob offers 34" as well, but 35 is his standard. what kind of fingerboard? i wanna know some details!!

thanks, bibby
  4. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Put your money where your mouth is...
    I'm at work M-W and F from 2-C, TH O-6, Sat all day. I want to see this bad boy. Elricks are on my list of basses you HAVE to see because they seem so exotic. I've seen Sadowsky. Elrick, Fodera, and Carl Thompson are still on my list.
  5. membranophone

Mar 19, 2000
    Madison, WI
    I recently recieved an elrick 6 bolt-on. It is absolutely the best bass ive ever played, without exception. Here's a picture.

There are a few more pictures of it at my photopoint gallery.

Oh, I've noticed one strange thing about my bass. Every other Elrick I've seen pictures of has a wooden electronics cover, while mine is black plastic. Anyone know why? I'm guessing mine is older and was built before he started making wood covers. The serial number is EBO-0397, which I have assumed to mean "3rd Elrick Bolt On built in 1997"
  6. membranophone

Mar 19, 2000
    Madison, WI
    Oh, by the way Bibby, yours is beautiful!
  7. Bass7755

Bass7755 Supporting Member

Oct 27, 2000
    Roanoke, Va.
    membranophone, Your 6 looks great!! I have been thinking
    about an Elrick 6 for quite a while. I have a
    few high end basses. It might be a while before I
    can talk my wife into a new purchase. Looking for a
    deal like your's!!!