Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Elrick Users: What strings do you like best on your elrick 5's?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by goat1234, Jan 19, 2005.

1. goat1234

goat1234

Mar 17, 2004
    Virgnia
    Im curious about what strings you prefer to string on your elricks. I have minimal experience with diiffrrerent brands, Ernie Ball, Rotosound, and DR. I liked DR best but I want to try other brands. So what do you use and why? Also, do you prefer taper cores for the B and E or not.

2. I'd love to know too!!! lol
    BTW...got mine with D&R's

3. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    I use DR Fatbeams mostly. I've got a set each of DR Lo's SS, and Nickel, on hold at the local store. Can't wait to try them out.

I switched from D'addarios Nickels. They're okay too. Nice for the price, but not as crisp. My new bass that arrived last month, came with Elrick Nickels. Really nice strings. They're really bright, like Sadowsky Nickels, and still warm. I'd be interested in checking out a set of his SS.

I prefer taper core B.

4. David Wiener

David Wiener Banned

Sep 30, 2005
    Huntington, NY
    I like Dean Markley SR2000 with my Elrick basses. They complement the bridge and have a nice ring. Dave

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Fodera Diamond steels. Nickels for the fretless.