Elusive Ibanez bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by analogkid, Mar 11, 2002.

1. analogkid

Mar 11, 2002
    I am looking for a bass for my girlfriend. The description I have is somewhat lacking, but I am looking for the part Number for a 4 string, fretless, electric bass with a walnut body. I have looked on Ibanez's website and could not find it. The people at SamAsh needed a part number to help me. Any information anybody has would be much appreciated.

2. silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Don't deal with Sam Ash. Call Bass Northwest, and talk to those guys. They can get it for you, whatever it is, will know which one you are looking for, and it will probably be cheaper even with shipping than from Sam Ash.
  3. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    What about calling or e-mailing Ibanez directly?

Although, I have heard that Ibanez doesn't answer phone calls from "regular Joes."
  4. Hey There Analogkid:

Are you looking for a new Ibanez or an older model?
    If your looking fo rnew I can't help, but if your looking for old try this website:

This is the Ibanez Vintage page and is a wealth of information.

I own a 1983 Ibanez Musician Fretless. This bass is neck through active eq (6 pots, 1 switch) a P style pickup in a massive case and a j style in a smaller yet still massive case. Flame Maple Neck through with wanlut stringers. The body is actually stained ash, however most people beleive it is walnut (common mistake) if you need I can send you pictures of mine, if you think it would help. The Model Number is MC924, there is also a non active version which I beleive is MC824 - check the vintage page above to make sure. Good Luck

DR Burkowitz

5. or try http://www.ibanez-vintage-page.de the best Ibanez Vintage page on the net in my opinion. They have lot's of info on "older" Ibanez basses. Got most of the specs and info about my 1973 Ibanez Rick bass and my 1981 Roadstar II there.....
  6. analogkid

Mar 11, 2002
    I just wanted to say thanks to those of you who took the time to reply. I am now armed with a model Number and a photo. And being in NYC, I have a lot of shops to go to.

Much Appreciated,

"And those who choose not to decide still have made a choice." RUSH