Elvis - concert 1977 tragic....but he still was the king!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Nicklas, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Nicklas

Mar 15, 2003
    I have just seen a concert film from his last apperance from summer of 1977.....He is stomach is really big...and his overweight can you see in his face.

He didnt do any of his Karete kicks.....He just stod there in the middle of the stage and just sang. The old songs like Hound dog did he really sang bad on. But on newer songs he was better.

But the worst was that he didnt remember the words to Sinatras song My Way.......he did sang it from a paper with the lyric written on.

I really wonder who forced him to go up on stage in that period of his life???

I have just bought a new album by elvis its called Peace in the Valley and it have gospels songs from 56 - 77 and there is a song on that album called How Great thou Art he sings that in the summer of 77 and when you listen to the song and you cant see him he has a great great great voice on that one.

All music fans here really should by some albums of Elvis from his 50s60s and 70s time...i really love him between 68-74 his voice is so great. He outmatch all people ......the only people who really can match him in voice department is Lennon/Mccartney.

For me Elvis still is the King!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Nicklas

Mar 15, 2003
    No one likes Elvis??
  3. I've heard that you're either a Elvis fan, or a Beatles fan. Most people fall into one of those catagories, as far as musical taste.

I'm neither. I hope I don't burn when I'm gone lol.

Elvis, dunno. Not my thing man.
  4. I love elvis too, but I am more of a beatles fan. But, I do love all his stuff from every period. I used to hate the newer stuff, and I used to only love his older, earlier rock and rockabilly stuff. But now I love it all.

It's really sad what happend to him :(
  5. Nicklas

Mar 15, 2003
    I have to say i like Dylan,Beatles and Elvis and the band.

If you are a real music lover i think you can appriciate a lot of artists.
  6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I am not one for most Gospel music(mostly 'cause I've not gone there). But that song: "How Great Thou Art" does it for me.
  7. RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Elvis and the Beetles are like peas and carrots... I was 3 when Elvis died but I hope hope Mc Cartney does another tour, that would make my life complete to see and hear him live.
  8. Nicklas

Mar 15, 2003
    Post removed by Moderator due to violation of Forum Rules. If you have a problem with a Moderator, you do not address it in a public Forum. Send the Moderator a PM. If you feel that there is still a problem, PM Paul. Consider this a warning. If this happens again in one of my Forums, your account will be suspended for one week.