Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Elvis Impersonators

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bluesbasscat, Nov 15, 2002.

1. I just heard a news report that the E.P. impersonators in Vegas just signed an agreement ( What ? These guys have a union ? ) raising their pay scale from $350 to $650 per day.
    Kinda makes you wonder, doesn't it ?

2. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Sh!t, I can't stand Elvis Presely, but I will become a personator for that kind of money...holy lord.

I respect the fact that he is what Rock and Roll, however, still can't stand his music.

3. I always get comments about how much I look like The King, and I don't get squat! Damn, I should join a union.

4. OnederTone

OnederTone Aguilar Everywhere Gold Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    before I moved to the Nation of Texas, a friend and I stoped at the Denny's near the airport LATE after a gig one night (like 3 am or so)... there was the 2 of us, a couple of guys at the counter and in one booth...

3 Elvis impersonators sitting together... in full costume...

I knew then I had to get out of Elvisville...

and has any one noticed that the impersonators don't look like Elvis, but do look like each other?

:D :D

5. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Wow, an almost 100% raise in salary. Makes you think.

Also, supply in demand. They wouldn't be getting it if there weren't idiots out there that didn't enjoy it.

6. nanook

nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    Alaska
    I know one of these guys.

Thought it would be a stinky deal but after seeing the preformance, I would have to say it is a fun thing.

Once is enough though!