1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Email for Trace Elliot in England?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Harlequin NY, Sep 2, 2008.

1. I called British Audio Service and they were very nice but not able to help me in locating the right foot switch for the AH300. I tried Trace Elliot in America which is Peavey and they only deal with the newer models. British Audio told me to email Trace in Britain but I can't find an email for them on their site. They send you back to Peavey in the U.S.
    Anyone have an email for Trace in England? Thanks :help:

2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
  3. Thank you, thank you thank you !! :bassist:

4. amper

amper

Dec 4, 2002
    US
    Don't be surprised if you can't get any help from the "new" Trace Elliot. I haven't seen anything that indicates that the "new" Trace Elliot has any relationship at all to the original Trace Elliot company. As far as I am aware, all they did was buy the trademark. There isn't even any cosmetic similarity of the new products to the old products other than the logo and the color green.

5. I wouldn't go so far as to say that, alot of the speaker configurations are the same as the originals, and the controls and layout, and little details like the EQ and frequencies are the same. They are massively overpriced if you ask me though.

6. Very interesting Amper, I will post my results (if any). I wonder if the 4 way switch used by the newer series would work in mine? :meh:

7. whoapower

whoapower

Jul 14, 2005
    Austin, TX
    I have the same head. When you get an answer, can you post it up or drop me a line?

8. amper

amper

Dec 4, 2002
    US
    Have you ever taken a good look at the original Trace Elliot products? I don't see how you could possibly say that if you were at all familiar with them.:eyebrow:

The original Trace Elliot cabinets were designed in a modular fashion, so that they could be used to build rigs of varying configurations in either vertical or horizontal orientations, and all dimensions would line up correctly. Not to mention the tuning ports...

As far as the controls go, yes they appear superfically similar on the outside, but that is no guarantee that they function the same way on the inside.

It's as if these guys never even bothered to pick up a few pieces of used Trace Elliot gear and copy them...:rollno:

9. Hey they responded quickly. Here is their response:

Hi Rob
    We no longer have these, and the BFC4 will not work (unless modified).
    You could try EMS, they may have one or be willing to mod one for you.
    Details are:
    http://www.electronicmusicservices.co.uk/

Regards

Carl Gray
    Trace Elliot UK.Great Folds Road
    Oakley Hay Ind Estate.
    Corby, Northants. NN18 9ET
    United Kingdom
    +44 1536 424 740

whoapower- I emailed this company and I will let you know what they have to say, Rob.

10. I've been in contact with a fair few, and own a 1518 (which is a bit screwed, think it needs a recone, I don't need it so PM me if you can offer £50 for it or something thereabouts for a bit of project).

Noticed the stacking thing thing though, didn't realise it was that well thought out however. They're all very aesthetic similarities that I've noticed, but they have a fair few of them. I'm yet to actually hear any new Trace stuff though.

11. These guys were great Whoapower but the only thing they have is the actual printed circuit board with the components on it that they can sell me. I need to find a foot switch to another amp that would fit their circuit board so this is getting more difficult. I saw some 5 way Marshall foot switches on ebay that looked similar but I am kind of stuck at this point.