Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

email from Wayne Jones

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ganttbos, Mar 7, 2003.

1. ganttbos

ganttbos The Professor Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2001
    New Orleans area
    As an owner of a couple of WJ cabs, I received an email from Wayne announcing some changes in his business. The business is up for sale and he's shutting down what has basically been a one-man operation. Asking price is 60K and he says this is "to clear debt only". All product warranties are still (and will continue to be) honored. At this time the cabs are being built and sold under a new agreement with Hot Wire Basses in Germany. See

http://www.hotwire-bass.com/frames/indexframeset_eng.html

Wayne is offering his expertise on a consulting basis to help set up a new operation in whatever country the prospective buyer wishes to locate.

These are incredible cabs and Wayne is a great guy to deal with. I wish him the best and hope the transition is as smooth and painless as possible.

2. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    That's said. When they were first setting up their website, I passed a few emails back and forth to help them out. It is sad to see good people having trouble. I wish Wayne the best of luck in the future.

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    hmm...

wonder if he's clearing stock on any cabs? hmmm...

;)

EDIT:

yea, that was mean. my bad. :( but its a dag shame, especially considering the formidable cabs he makes. DAMN TARIFFS!!!

4. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Ouch, kick a man when he's down.

I assume that if he is selling the company for $60k, that would include any inventory that he might have. Given that it is a one man operation, I'd be surprised if he had many cabinets to get rid of. I bet he built them after getting orders for them.

5. rockindoc

rockindoc Daily Lama

Jan 26, 2002
    Bonham, Tx
    Echo that, Xyllion.

For me, at least, these cabs are mythic. Always wanted to play through one.. maybe never will.

Ganntbos, save that Email! It might be worth something someday.:meh: