1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Email of fender management needed. PROBLEMS... ACHTUNG!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tigerclaw_x, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Tigerclaw_x

Tigerclaw_x

Apr 25, 2016
    Hello. I need to contact management at Fender/jackson to let them how how HORRIBLE job they are doing. I tried JS3 bass at friends house in NYC and liked it. So I ordered one from Musicians Friend. I got it with twisted neck and dead frets and gouge on back of he neck. Send it back. Got a second one with dead nobs on Graphic Equalizer. At this point is sad F/U Jackson and Fender. And got me an ESP LTD B-304. It sounds good, but not as comfy as JS-3. Jackson basses, C4 and JS3 have the best necks I have ever messed around with, and I played around with Schecters, ESP, Epiphone and Washburn. The closest to them is actually Washburn XB-400 and XB-800. In any case. I write them an email as in "*** is wrong with you?" Their rep named Nathan replies, get this "Buy a third bass, maybe that one will work. Buy from sweetwater, they test everything." . WHAT? So what you are telling me is that you product is junk and you don't trust your own QC and rely on reseller to test your items... So I call in their main number. The guy named Matt picks up the phone, and he would not address me in any other way except "Dude", and "My man", and "Man, yo". Until I told him that we are ain't at no block party, I don't know him, we ain't at the rave, or drinking or partying. Matt refused to transfer me to the manager, as did another CS rep that I have talked to. Nathan, the same guy who wrote me this GENIUS email (buy third one, that might work). He also said that they are "not set up" to let customers talk to management. WHAT? In any case. If anyone has any way to contact Fender Management. Let me know...

2. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    No offense, but I don't believe the people you spoke with said what you say they did. Regardless of that, speaking to customer service reps with hostility or writing emails with profanity will get you no where.

Here is what's apparently the number for the corporate headquarters of the Fender Musical Instruments Corporation:
    480-596-9690

They'll probably forward you to the customer service number you already called and if you ask like a gentleman maybe you can get a manager on the phone. Though I'm really not sure what you expect to accomplish other than sharing your dismay. Maybe the best thing to do is not give them any more of your business if you're unhappy with their products.

Good luck.

3. ASQTec

ASQTec Above Average Supporting Member

May 2, 2010
    I think the number for Fender is PUmpernickel 5-5555.

You might get better results if you let your mom speak to the rep for you.

4. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Less is more. I like your advice better than mine.

basschanges, El-Bob, StudioGC and 8 others like this.
  5. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    This looks interesting.

6. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Ive got to ask: are you buying these basses new or used?

organworthyplayer337 likes this.
  7. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    You need to be angrier, louder and more insulting with them. That's the only way to get through and make them see your point. Use lots of curse words and racial slurs, like every 3 words or so. That lets them know their place and you are to be respected and feared. Once they know you are truly angry and not going to be ignored or pushed around they will bend over backwards to make you happy. I'm talking free instruments built to your specs, t-shirts, bumper stickers, Fender brand jock straps and even pedals with boxes. The best boxes you've ever seen.

Trust me. I've dealt with these people before.

8. gln1955

gln1955 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    Be sure to call them "dead nobs". They'll know you're not some ignorant 14-year-old.

9. Stevorebob

Stevorebob Well... I Am Here, Aren't I? Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Sounds like Fender is in for a world of hurt. :woot:

While no bass should be defective -- whether $350 or $3,500 or $35,000 -- things happen, sometimes twice. And in this day of online retail, we've more selection available than ever, but checking out a particular instrument before one buys is a challenge. So Fender isn't perfect. What a surprise. And you were unlucky. What a shame.

You got the best advise early: Get a third bass; buy from Sweetwater. Yeah, you haven't had a good experience. Everybody is sorry. But ranting like a 14-year-old in a just-joined online community earns you few allies. Peace.

Sixgunn, jpeck02, bmax and 4 others like this.
  10. LOL. The "pedal boxes" reference totally cracked me up. I think we're going to get some serious mileage out of that one! :roflmao:

twinjet, Spectrum, El-Bob and 8 others like this.
  11. TripleDouble

TripleDouble Guest

Aug 5, 2008
    This kinda reminds me of when Howard Dean went nuts with a rampage of "...We're goin to Fender Corporate HQ BEEEYAHHHHHHHH!!!!". Don't make the same mistake Howie did, he kinda wrecked himself, shon.

carsbybigd, elgecko, Duder and 3 others like this.
  12. Wow

bmax likes this.
  13. The heck with a phone call, drive to corporate headquarters, and when you get there put on your viking battle helmet then run through the front door yelling at the top of your lungs, "LEEEEEEROY JENKINS!". That's the proper way of addressing customer service

14. Gasman

Gasman Gold Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2007
    South Carolina

15. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    image.gif

GregC, DougParkinson, Helix and 7 others like this.
  16. itsalljustaride

itsalljustaride

Sep 23, 2009
  17. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    Here's an example. Because of the guys rage, the call ended successfully and he got what he wanted.

Be like this guy! (NSFW)

Spectrum, Robus, madidus and 2 others like this.
  18. 2cooltoolz

2cooltoolz Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Lake Conroe, TX
    monkey computer.gif
    "Sir, we show here that it was delivered on time,
    in perfect condition."

fed ex TV.gif

Templar, Spectrum, SirMjac28 and 6 others like this.
  19. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

What usually goes down in the background once you start yelling or swearing and get put on hold. Forever.

image.gif

20. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    It does?

Helix likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 11, 2021