1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Embassy Pro or SR400EQMM?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Old Blastard, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Old Blastard

Old Blastard

Aug 18, 2013
    Virginia
    IMG_4772.JPG IMG_4773.PNG Oh wise basses: Back in October I ordered an Epi Embassy Pro that was back ordered. It keeps getting moved back and now is listed for March. The company has offered me a refund via in store credit.

Should I wait for the Embassy, which is a cool bass, or go for this wild Ibanez SR400? Advice from players and style critics is welcome

2. Maxdusty

Maxdusty

Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan USA
    Both look good and I imagine, would be good basses but in very, very different ways. The Embassy has that nice Retro vibe to it, one's passive, the other's active, they're really basses from different generations so it really depends on the kind of music you play. I'm guessing you ordered the Embassy Pro for a reason, maybe wanted something retro or passive? Don't let the Ibanez SR400 be somewhat of a compromise just because you have that credit. If I were in your shoes, I would either wait till March or maybe take the store credit should you see something else that's more in line with what you want between now and March. Sure, give the SR400 a try at the store and compare it to other basses- see if it's something you really do want.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    Old Blastard likes this.
  3. jwalin

jwalin

Nov 9, 2009
    I just spent a little time in Sam Ash playing the Embassy PRO yesterday. It really is a well built little piece of gear. I loved it and will be buying one in the next few months. I like the vintage vibe.

The Ibanez is a nice instrument also....but completely different in my opinion. Much more a modern look, feel, and tone. Extremely versatile, but would be out of place in an earthy, vintage setting in my opinion.

It comes down to what you want. I personally would wait for the Epiphone.

Maybe check out the Yamaha BB series basses....they are great as well...

Old Blastard likes this.