Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EMERGENCY!! Help needed quick, bass in trouble

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by The Antipop, Dec 23, 2004.

1. The Bass... Peavey Cirrus Peacock Blue 6 string with PF fingerboard.

Today I went to visit my parents, a normal 4 1/2 hour bus ride turning out to be almost 7 hours then the car breaks down and no help for an hour in freezing temperatures.

I get home, take my bass out of the car and let it warm up for a few hours.

When I finally opened it, the back of the neck seemed very moist and the back of the neck seemed to be dyed peacock blue. I instantly put the bass back in the case and moved it where no one would touch it in a mild temperature room.

Am I doing anything wrong? right? is this bass a goner now? The neck dying really scares me as I LOVE cirrus basses.

What can I do to make sure this bass comes out working the same?

2. 5 views and no replies... someone must have some insight into this

3. NOISE!

NOISE!

Jun 20, 2004
    In your mind
    Is the inside of your case wet?

4. Just checked... nope, it is dry

the action is starting to look a bit high at the end of the fretboard... hopefully just a good set up in a day or two can fix that

5. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    Is the whole back of the neck colorized or is it in one place more than others? If it is closer to the heel it "might" be "posable" that moisture got into your neck pocket and some how leached some of the color [this is the only place I can think of that might have any dye that is exposed] down the neck. Or, is the inside of the case blue? How Much has your action moved? make a note of what it is now and check it in a while? Did you wipe down your bass when you felt the dampness?

Except for the moisture:confused:, your climatising of your bass seems to be normal: bring in case, quickly open and close case, let sit for a half hour or so, then quickly check the inside or your case and if it is still to much of a difference re-close and let sit a while longer.