1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Emergency on Planet Earth vs. Other Jamiroquai Albums

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Ryan Mohr, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    Lately I have been listening to a lot of Jamiroquai's first album, EOPE, and I have noticed the bass, which is spectacular by the way, sounds much less produced, you can hear string noise, and the bass isn't as smooth or compressed as it is on the second and third Jamiroquai albums. The bass seems much more real and natural and it sounds like he is definitely playing a warwick. Has anyone else noticed this?

2. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    anyone?

3. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    Am I seriously the only person that noticed this?

4. Lorenzini

Lorenzini Supporting Member

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    No
    Bro
    It's Stuart Zender playing his old Warwick with a P+J configuration.
    Space Cowboy still has that Warwick sound in my opinion, but after that it was a mix of different bass players and the sound much more produced.

Zender is a bit of a legend on TB.. Just search for his name and you will see. :)

5. yah ive noticed this, ive always liked emergency way more than any of his other albums...traveling without moving is great too but i agree with you , the bass on emergency is absolutely spectacular

6. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    I knew people noticed this, I was just saying that regarding the fact that nobody responded to my thread for a couple days. I have seen a lot of Zender threads but I thought I would just see if other people noticed this as well.

7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

The thing I remember about that album is that Andrew Levy (Brand New Heavies) played bass on some tracks!

I think Travelling without Moving is Zender's best album for bass lines!

8. I agree. Especially "Use The Force".

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2021