Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassteban, Aug 13, 2005.

1. I get home from the supermarket(does anyone call it a 'super' market anymore?), throw some deli chinese food at the wife & kids, get 'em all through the bath, go to grab my pot stickers and :meh: :confused: :eek: NO POT STICKER SAUCE! Picking myself up off the floor & fighting back the anguish, I mix an awful concotion of 4-in-1 soy sauce, sweet & sour, honey & tobasco- to no avail. It's
    What would you do- WHAT WOULD YOU DO?!?
  2. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    I would learn to cope.
  3. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    some how i am doubting this thread is worthy of the title "emergency"
  4. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    What is pot sticker sauce?
  5. I didn't say "emergency", I said *EMERGENCY*. *HUGE* difference. And you didn't answer the question.
    Time Divider, thank you for apparently caring. W/friends like you, I will cope.
  6. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Get over it and not waste people's time on TB? :p

-Ray :D
  7. Hmm... I know from personal experience that most men cannot "create" hot sauce. :rollno:
  8. +1
  9. W/o my 'useless' thread, my TB brother fourstringdrums might not ever know that [potsticker sauce is a combination of hot oil & soy sauce commonly applied to non-authentic supermarket deli Chinese food]. Useless? Ouch. Where's the qintar at this dark hour? Incredible
  10. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    You're welcome.

There's severed limbs, and there are sharp sticks in the eye.

Then there are pot stickers without sauce.

(By the by, I think there are some very thinly sliced green onions in there, too).
  11. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Reminds me of that time I got sweet and sour chicken, but they forgot to throw in the sweet and sour sauce. So I had fried chicken balls.
  12. I must be tired... I just laughed at that... :p
  13. spc

Apr 10, 2004
    South of Boston
    Seriously dude, stop wasting my time. I was doing just fine deciding who has the best tone, whut's the best bass, and whether or not George Bush is a demon (turns out he is). ;)
  14. Just mix some soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, and appropriate hot sauce together and you have the same thing.
  15. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    that pic is on my iPod

16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    If you ever find yourself in the Seattle area, stop by. I'll make ya a batch of hot sauce that will have you licking the dirt on the floor. I can also make you some that is quite delicious. Heck, PM me your address, and I will mail you some.

To the OP.....just go back to the store. This is obviously a big deal to you, so returning to the market should be no problem.

17. I love chinese food.............................i love the cat , oops i mean beef and broccoli.
  18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    A local radio station did a parody of "Cat's In The Cradle". It was called "Cat's In The Kettle". The lyrics went something like this in the opening verse:

Did you ever think...when you eat Chinese....it ain't pork or chicken, but a fat Siamese? Yet the food tastes good.....so you don't complain.....but that's not chicken in your chicken chow mein......it seems to me I ordered sweet and sour pork.....but Garfields on my fork.....

19. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    This is exactly why god gave us ketchup, the universal sauce.