Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Emerill

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by fenderx55, Sep 7, 2005.

1. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    I'm watching Emeril Live because for some reason, the cable at my school gets food network but not comedy central, and since Fox sucks at this moment, I'm watchin' Emerill.

The bassist in his live band plays a five string Sadowsky with what appears to be bartolinis.

just thought i'd throw that out there. I'm tired of homework.

2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

[​IMG]

From the Food Network website. Too bad it doesn't have his rig info.

3. Found him on the guest "user" section of the Sadowsky site, too. http://www.sadowsky.com/pages/pop_up_artists/baldwin.html

Unfortunately, the link sends you to the Food Channel site with the same info that DWbass came up with. Can't seem to find any other sites related to him, yet.

...give me time... ;)

4. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    dude get's killer tone.

5. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I loved the tone he got from the 6 string Tobias he used to play on the show.

6. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    I'm really glad to see i'm not the only one who notices this kind of thing.

7. Nope! I've been there, too. It's amazing the players that you find in the strangest places!

8. Me too!!!

9. seebee

seebee

Dec 17, 2004
    Philadelphia,Pa
    When I started the Emeril Live show in 2001 I used a Tobias Classic 6 that was made around 1990. It was one of the last ones to come out of the Tobias California shop. One of if not the best Bass I ever owned. It saw a lot of road mileage over the years. I played it exclusively until 2003 when I started using new Fender J's and Sadowsky's around 2004. When I was using the Tobias I went direct into the show mixer, DI, no amp no preamp. monitored thru wedges on stage and ear monitors. In 2004 we moved to a bigger studio and I started using a SWR Workingman 15 just for the stage amp doesn't go to the mixer. Direct signal from my Bass effects go to the show mixer.:bassist:

Charles Baldwin

10. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    Charles,

Thanks very much for stopping by and filling us in on the gear questions, something we're known to obsess over. I'll turn on Emeril occasionally, more for the house band than for him (nothing personal ;) ) - it's great to see a live band on TV, something that's increasingly rare these days outside of latenight, and you personally make the hard stuff look easy... the hallmark of a great player. Of course, the great gear certainly doesn't hurt. :smug:

11. seebee

seebee

Dec 17, 2004
    Philadelphia,Pa
    Ian

Thanks for watching the show and thanks for the inspiring word. I feel honered and blessed that my fellow bassist are digging what I do on the show.

Charles Baldwin
    http://baldbass.blogspot.com/