Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EMG-35TW

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Vox Populi, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    So I'm thinking about slapping a pair of these in my Peavey Grind NTB pretty soon. They're the kind that switch between dual coil humbucking mode and single coil "jazz bass" mode.

http://www.emginc.com/displayproducts.asp?section=Bass&categoryid=27&catalogid=116

Anyone have any experience with these? Or know an online store where I can purchase them? Or do you have to call EMG up and special order them? These would be perfect for the kind of sounds I want, like 2 basses in one.

2. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    I do.
    (read the third paragraph)

Make sure you do the level-matching mod if you want the humbucker to have the same output level as the single-coil. (it is described in the paper that comes with the pickup)

They shouldn't need to be special-orders - even the Norwegian distributor had them in stock.

Good luck! They sound great!

3. EricTheEZ1

EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    I've always wanted at least one in my Schecter which I installed EMG 35Js in. I should've put a TW in the Bridge position.

Order Here.

-Eric.

4. Vox Populi

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    I've never bought aftermarket pickups, are they sold individually or in a set of two? That site lists them as costing $115, but is that for one?

5. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    that's for one

6. Vox Populi

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    Ok, so I think I can manage to scrape up the cash eventually. Here's my other problem: The 35TW is 3.5 inches long. I measured my pickups and they're four inches long. The 5 string version of the TW (40TW) is 4 inches long. I have a four string bass, but a five string pickup will be ok, right? That's the only one that will fit.

7. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Yes, they are blade type pickups not split pickups.
    I have an unused 40-TW for sale in the classifieds