1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EMG 40CS too quiet???

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by jacobrownoly, Dec 7, 2011.

1. jacobrownoly

jacobrownoly

Jun 16, 2007
    Hey, I have a Spector Euro 5 with a BQC system, I recently swapped out the neck 40 DC with a CS reading that it has more of a warmer and less harsh tone....After playing around with the DC/CS combination for a couple of months now, I must say that a am quite disappointed, the CS just sounds like a WEAK DC, yes it does sound a little warmer but there is hardly any difference between the two apart from volume and beef.

I am thinking about getting another DC again for the DC/DC set up again....I seem to use the neck pick up alot more for funk and groove anyway:bag:

Any one else find this with the CS???

2. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Banned Commercial User

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    Are you sure it's plugged in the right way?

It should be as loud as the DC, but with more low end.

3. jacobrownoly

jacobrownoly

Jun 16, 2007
    I think with the emg pickups there is only one way to plug them in, if you plug it in the wrong way you get no sound.

4. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Banned Commercial User

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    That's correct. But check the wiring to see if everything is good. I've never heard one that was quiet.

5. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    yeah, maybe not as clacky as a 40DC, but the volume should be similar. is it good and close to the strings like it should be?