1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EMG 45hz v Bartolini M56

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by slaerts, Jul 20, 2007.

1. slaerts

slaerts

Aug 3, 2006
    Hi guys,
    Trying to narrow down my choices here but feel free to suggest other similar pickups if you know of them.

I am mostly interested in anyone who has experiences comparing these two pickups or who runs them in their bass and what they think about them.

I will have them paired with an aguilar obp-3 if that helps and the music I primarily play is worship music in church. I will drop them in a Peavey Fury VI with a Tech 21 BDDI through a SWR Baby Baby Blue.

Is there a pickup type that is commonly paired with the obp-3? Any input will help.

2. slaerts

slaerts

Aug 3, 2006
    And just out of curiosity which Bart pickup should i go with the XM56C or M56CBC or XXM56M? What is the real difference between these?

And could I run one EMG 45hz say at the bridge and one Bart at the neck, is it even possible?

3. slaerts

slaerts

Aug 3, 2006
    does no one know or does no one care?
    Bump, in a day I close my eyes and pick a set of the barts.
    Any opinions ... please.

4. The Penguin

The Penguin duplicate account violation Banned

Jun 21, 2006
    I'm not pelagic
    Passive EMG? No problem but it will look funny ;)

It can also be done with the active EMG but the Bart will need to be buffered to match or you have to use a preamp with dual buffered inputs that will handle either pickup.