1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EMG Active pick up help

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by themacinator, Jan 10, 2012.

1. themacinator

themacinator Always looking for the perfect gig

Oct 8, 2009
    8,600 feet in the Colorado Rockies
    Endorsing Artist: Babicz FCH Hardware
    So here is the deal. I got this Robin Freedom bass and the wiring has been modded. I can't find any information on these EMG pickups. Does anyone know their model number?

In addition any wiring information will be helpful. There is some circuit board attached to a toggle switch where a tone knob was.

Originally this Robin Freedom bass had the following.

1 Volume knob
    1 Bass knob
    1 Treble knob

Now it seems to have two volume knobs, one for each pot, and this toggle switch and circuit board. I say two volume knobs because when I am playing I can turn them and I hear no tone difference but the volume goes up or down and they work independently from each other. The pickups are active and EMG. Just can't find anything on them.

Thanks

DSCF0823.

DSCF0824.

DSCF0826.

DSCF0825.

DSCF0828.

DSCF0827.

2. themacinator

themacinator Always looking for the perfect gig

Oct 8, 2009
    8,600 feet in the Colorado Rockies
    Endorsing Artist: Babicz FCH Hardware
    So it looks like that circuit board is the EMG Phase Shift deal. At least that's what I am seeing. I need to get this back to original.