Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EMG Active Tone Circuits (Spector NS2000-5)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RevGroove, Jul 26, 2002.

1. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Hey, I'm looking for any information or instructions about the EMG Active Tone circuit that's found in the Spector NS2000-5 (the EMG BTS). This is going to sound like a silly question, I'm sure, but how do I find and manipulate the DIP switches on the main circuit board that will allow me to change the center frequencies.

Thanks in advance!

:) :D ;) :cool:

2. Take the cover off the back of the bass and you'll see facing you two small dip switches on the back of the treble pot.You adjust them sideways to vary the center freqs.Go to EMGs website or E mail them to see which way gets what freq.The best thing to do is switch them yourself and hear which setting sounds best.To my ear none sounded too much different than the others.Good luck.

3. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Thanks Blue Bass, I'll maybe try that sometime! I'm happy with the tone I'm getting now, but want the option available should that change.

:)