Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EMG BTC/BTS?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by baixotuba, Aug 11, 2002.

1. baixotuba

baixotuba

Nov 19, 2001
    Brazil
    How good is EMG BTC/BTS preamps? Tell me your experience.

2. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    If you like punch,clarity and that extra option of adding more highs in a live setting then yes.

3. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I have a Spector NS5CR with EMG DC40 pups and an EMG BTS preamp. The whole thing sound absolutely brilliant!!!!

There is plenty of output and there is plenty of tonal control. It also doesn't go through batteries very often!

4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I recently put at BTC in my Steinberger - so far, so good. Great range of tonal change available. I'd buy another!

5. baixotuba

baixotuba

Nov 19, 2001
    Brazil
    Thanks!
    Ok, this is a great preamp?!

6. Mark Gollihur

Mark Gollihur Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 19, 2000
    Gloucester County, NJ
    Owner/President, Gollihur Music LLC
    I've had the BTC in two basses. Useful, but I rarely eq at the bass since my rig is MIDI controlled. I like them - EMG has always been good to me.

7. Saint

Saint

Mar 2, 2000
    DC - USA
    I'm pretty happy with the BTC I have wired into my 2 emg-P pickups. I'm curious about the BQS though, which might be even better, but I don't know anyone who actually is using one currently.

8. mjl422

mjl422

Jul 3, 2002
    I am currently using the BQC preamp with EMG 45-DC pickups and I love it. It records well also. I don't know how well EMG preamps work with other pickups though.

9. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    I have a couple Warwick Corvettes with the BQC and EMG J combo. Quite strident. Good for funk,o.k. for rock, excellent for jazz. I kind of mix in the mids because if you add too much it gets honky. You'll have to rout for the extra knob however. I did the rout and ordered extra Warwick knobs for the pre(one small ring inside a larger one). I had to take the knobs to a machinist to increase their diameter in order to accomodate the EMG pots, which was a drawback. But now everything is shweet!