EMG BTS System

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Good morning crew!

well, i had an accident with my Brice HXB-406, and long story short, i need a new wiring harness...well, i don't need one, i want one.
    anyways, i am looking at an EMG BTS system. it is the same vol/balance/bass/treble setup as the brice...

But, i have heard that the BTS system may not work with brice's pickups, as they are not EMG.

Is this true? i looked at the wiring diagram, and it looks like it should work, but i want everyones thoughts, feelings, experiences, etc!

2. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    The BTS and BTC Systems only work with EMG pickups, but the BTS and BTC Control work with any pickups. I had a BTC Control preamp on a Yamaha bass with passive J pickups and it worked fine. Too cold sounding for my taste, but that is just personal opinion.

Go to page 44 of this pdf document and it has the answer to your question:

I have a Brice HXB-406 Bubinga, and I didn't like the preamp so I put a Bartolini preamp in. It sounds really great, and is vol/blend/bass/treble so it fit with no problem. You can get it in a premade harness. I don't think the EMG pres that are compatable with passive pickups are vol/blend/bass/treble.
  3. EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    I would recommend a Bartolini preamp. I have an EMG BTS control in my Schecter and although it's versatile, it doesn't really give you the warmest tone. In general it is much more sterile, but with EQ in various places I can get it pretty warm.

I would go with a Bart, if I were you.