Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

emg/carvin

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by markG, Aug 16, 2001.

1. markG

markG

May 26, 2000
    I was thinking about replacing my Carvin pickups with some emg's. I have the BB75 with a humbucker for the bridge pickup. I was wondering if emg makes a pickup that would match that ones size specs, if so which one. If theres anyone out there who has had success with this please help.
    Thanks.

2. 7

Dec 23, 2000
    emg dosnt make a mm style p/u (i think thats what your talking about im not that familar with the carvin model #'s) if your looking for a mm style go for duncan or bartolini but if it is the j style hum emg makes those but check your dimentions first

3. markG

markG

May 26, 2000
    Do you know if there are any barts that have 4.6L and 1.9W. If there are which ones. I cant seem to download the size specs off the Bart website.

Thanks

4. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I replaced my Carvin HB4 bridge pickup with a Basslines Musicman and changed the tap switch from parallel/split to parallel/split/series and it has made a world of difference in the sound. I will say that the Basslines pickup is very punchy!!! so make sure that is the sound you would want if you went with it

-KB