Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EMG DC pickup help...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by nickalan620, Sep 18, 2004.

1. I currently have a 4 string Ibanez cheap model bass with one soap bar pickup in the middle postion. I am thinking about replacing it with an EMG DC active pickup but the problem is the pickup is 4.00 inches long and the emg dc 35 is 3.5 inches. I was thinking i could just get the EMG DC-40 which is 4.00 inches long and is a perfect fit for my bass. My only question is will the EMG DC 40 soud ok in my 4 sting bass? :eyebrow:

2. definitely, it will look and sound ok. the DC (35's and 40's) pickup has two inline coils so you dont have to worry about how it would sound. the 40 Dc designed for 5 string bass, but it would work fine on a 4 string.

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
  4. Another question. Do i have to use an active eq with active pickups? I just want to use a tone knob for the pickup.

5. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    no, you don't. In fact, the kit you'll get with the emg pickups will include vol and tone pots. That way you'll have active pickups and passive electronics.

6. Perfect i guess I"ll go buy those DC's right away and thanks for the help. :hyper: