1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EMG Dealers??

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Rhythmbug, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Rhythmbug

Rhythmbug

Jan 22, 2006
    London UK
    Hey guys I'm after a set of 40TW & 40Dc pickups but having a bit of trouble finding a US EMG dealer that will sell to me, does anyone know any dealers that sell to international customers?
    Not having any luck so far, they either advertise on their site "US only" or don't reply to my emails....

This is my last resort before biting the bullet and get ripped off buying them locally .....but its going to cost me nearly double than buying them from a US store :scowl:

2. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    Did you try all the online dealers mentioned on the EMG website dealers page?

On a side note, I'd encourage you to support your local musical instrument stores....

3. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005

but how much will shipping cost from US to australia?

4. Rhythmbug

Rhythmbug

Jan 22, 2006
    London UK
    Yeah I've tried those dealers.....thing is it seems the "US only" dealers are the only ones with stock of both pups, I will probably have to order them separately from different dealers.

Shipping varies from $7 to $40 depending on the dealer & shipping method for 1 pickup.
    Example in question - US Dealer 40DC Pup $102, shipping $7, converted to Aust dollar = $144.
    Aussie dealer 40DC pup = $250 plus shipping

I support my local music dealers when they want to offer a good deal. Unfortunately our market isn't big enough (we're 1/10 the population of US) to gain buying power, so retail prices tend to get silly.
    I buy all my strings, books, effects, basses (recently) from US stores. I buy my amps and cabs in Aust.
    If I was to get custom made products naturally I would get them done here....with exception to my stingray 5 !

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You're kidding, right? Pay double .... uhhhh for what reason?

6. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    On general principle. I'm not asking people to accept being ripped off. If they treat you bad, leave.
    What I'm saying is, that if you live not in the most populated areas, you may find that musical instrument dealers have a smaller selection and higher prices. But if you appreciate them being there, and you'd like them to stay in business, you ought to buy stuff.
    Myself, I pay semi-outrageous prices for small bits of drum hardware that we occationally need in the worship team at church. I'm glad that I don't have to order it from far-away and wait forever to get it, so I accept the slightly inflated price of these things.

Just general principle, that's all.