1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EMG Hz pickups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Tomass, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Tomass

Tomass

Nov 1, 2005
    I'm still throwing the idea out there, but i got a Ibanez SR400 and i was thinking about getting some EMG Hz PJ set pickups. My only question is will it fit onto the original Ibanez Pre amp or do i have to buy a EMG preamp. Im quite sure the SR400s had passive pickups with active circuit, i was considering the other PJ set with the active preamp and Pups but it says it only comes with 2 volume knobs and a Tone knob, the Ibanez has 2 volume, mid sweep and Pickup sweep

2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    EMG HZ pickups are passive like the ones in your Ibanez. They will probably drop right in with three or four wires to soldier. I like EMG HZ pickups a lot personally.

3. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    IIRC, EMG p'ups only have one wire for each pickup, with an inner and outer core. The inner one is the one that solders to the connector on the pot, and the outer solders to the outside casing of the pot. This goes for both active and passive.

+1 on Philbiker's comment on sound. I have a set in my ESP LTD F255, and I love the sound.