Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EMG-HZ replacement?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bos_mindwarp, Aug 30, 2005.

1. I have spector NS 2000 (4-string, korean) and I got to hate EMG-HZ sound. So I was thinking of changing the pups, so what fits in there both physically and spec-wise?

Do I need to buy a new preamp as well? Mine is wired to 18V atm.

2. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    You don't have to change the pre; I have a DC at the neck and a CS (both EMG) at the bridge in my NS2000/5, get many, many compliments on the sound of my axe...give it a try!

3. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    OMG! EMG has so many different choices now in active pickups, you could go dizzy trying to pick which one is right for you. I love my EMG DC's but If the others were available when I bought them, I might have tried some others.

Bartolini does make passive pickups that would fit, but I'm not sure if they would work with your preamp or not.