1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale EMG J-HZ Jazz Bass Passive Pickup Set - solderless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by johnbegone, Jun 24, 2017.

1. johnbegone

johnbegone

Sep 16, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Price:
    $100
    FULL SET of EMG J-HZ passive jazz bass pickups. These are just a year old. I used them to upgrade a cheaper bass I had but am now parting out that bass again to sell. The upgrade of these was instant. They are SUPER quiet pickups (as in no hum). Very clean sounding, a little more on the hi-fi side than the vintage sound but not as much as their active pickups. Somewhere nicely in the middle.

Only issue is that I'm not sure the ground clip can be re-used but I am including it. Maybe it can pop out to be used again. Otherwise you'll just have to make that one connection to your bridge ground wire. Other than that, mint condition on everything.

I will also include 8 pickup screws for installation, plus some random foam I have to put under the pickups if you don't have any.

These sound great, they don't just don't match up against my other basses that all have overwound pickups in terms of output volume - so I upgraded that bass again to overwounds.

$100 shipped in conUS

20170619_082840_HDR.jpg 20170619_082926_HDR.jpg 20170619_082945_HDR.jpg

2. This is likely a silly question, but these aren't still available are they?

Thanks!

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 24, 2021