Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EMG JV Jazz Pickups, EMG Volume & Blend Pots, input jack

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by The Thinker, Dec 29, 2004.

1. The Thinker

The Thinker Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Hello :).

I'm selling a pair of EMG JV pickups that were taken out of my USA Hamer Cruise Bass. These are the "vintage replacement" EMGs with exposed pole pieces.

Included are the EMG Volume and Blend pots (EMG's take different pots than most pickups, so you need these), and the input jack (ditto--you need this kind of jack for these pickups if I am not mistaken).

Please note that my bass tech said the input jack was "getting old." I don't know what he meant :eyebrow:, but it worked fine when it was in the bass--no problems whatsoever. I just want to be up front.

Priced at $65 + $5 shipping. Please PM for info :)

2. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Pics? Paypal accecpted? Interested in any trades? Approx. age? Black covers I assume?

3. The Thinker

Sep 17, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    I'm embarrassed to say I don't have pics. I don't do much buying/selling online so I don't own a digital camera :(.

If you're interested in feedback, I did a transaction with Jugghaid a while back--I took his EA iAmp for a bass and some cash. He might be willing to tell you I'm ok :).

(If you really want pics, I'll take some shots and have them developed to disk and can email you the pics.)

I think these are about 6-8 years old (I think the bass was made '96-'98, these were stock).

Yes, black covers.

4. The Thinker

Sep 17, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Edit: Oops--Sorry, no paypal either :(.

5. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    That's ok on the pics, that sounds like alot of hard work. Good cosmetic shape? Or do they have some string markings?

6. The Thinker

Sep 17, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    They've been out of the bass a while, so I'd have to double check. But I don't recall anything ugly. I'll look at them tonight after work and get back with you tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for understanding about the pics :cool:

7. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    No problem. Lemme know something when you can, I want a set of EMG J's soon. Thanks for the replies.

8. The Thinker

Sep 17, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    I looked them over and they're mint--no string markings. Just a bit of dust around the screws! The EMG logo's are perfect too--not worn off at all. :cool:

9. The Thinker

Sep 17, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Bump

10. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Just a correction, you don't need the jack. The knobs are regular 25k's

11. The Thinker

Sep 17, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks for the correction!

While the knobs are regular 25k's, they're not standard on most basses. I might have clarified better by saying that "You need THIS TYPE of pot" rather than EMG pots specifically. Still, you'll need 25k's, and they're included :).

I didn't know that about the jack. I need to check the EMG site.

12. The Thinker

Sep 17, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    A "bump" before D(letion)-Day!

PS--I am doing a different deal with a supporting member and should (hopefully!) have some feedback in the feedback thread soon!

13. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    I'm still interested, and hopefully I'll have an answer for you by the weekend. Sorry to put you off like that. Free bump at least ;)

14. The Thinker

Sep 17, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    No problem, bud :).