1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EMG JV Pickup set, BTC preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by rojo412, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Set of the EMG JV pickups, including the Quick Connect wires, a brand new set of black screws. No damage, little to no signs of use. This is their regular JV set, one long, one short. Check EMG site for specifics.

$100 shipped in the US 48

EMG BTC preamp(SOLD). It is the BTC control and is currently wired in a Vol-Vol-BTC configuration. I do have a pan pot and I have jacks for either top mount or side mount. You can have your choice of configuration, just PM me and let me know what you want it with, I will gladly hook you up.
    If you don't need the alternate parts, I'd like to keep them, if possible, but let me know. I'm a reasonable guy.
    Includes the set of EMG plastick knobs (2 regular and a stack set).

SOLD... SOLD... SOLD...$30 shipped in the US 48... Thanks!

I decided not to keep the bass these were in. I am a 5 string guy at heart now. The setup sounded great, was quiet and clean and I'd gladly run this in a 5 string bass if they made such a thing. But since I have no use for this, it's for sale. The bass they were in (a 96 mim Jazz) is for sale in the basses for sale section, FYI...

Paypal only unless you pick them up. My camera decided to no cooperate, so the only pics I have are the ones from in the bass, installed. But you get the idea. Will post more when I get the SD card to work again (write protected?!?!)

DSCN0003-2.

2. PM'd with some questions. Thanks for the heads up Rojo!

3. rojo412

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    I forgot to mention...

Doesn't include plate. But I could wire it up so all you'd have to do is attach it to a plate and solder the pickups to the pan. 4 solder points, that's it! Unless it has a rear mounted jack, then it'd be 7 solder points.

4. CactusBass

CactusBass

Aug 2, 2009
    This is probably a dumb question but im assuming these are passive, so what does the stacked knob do? sorry again for asking, but im curious and im looking to upgrade my ****.,
    Thanks

5. rojo412

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    The pickups and preamp are active and require a battery to function.

The stacked knob controls the treble boost/cut (top knob) and bass boost/cut (lower knob).

6. CactusBass

CactusBass

Aug 2, 2009
    ****. so you installed a battery in a regular J bass or your j bass had a battery to begin with...? If the former how hard was it to route the hole?

7. rojo412

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    The battery easily fit under the control plate WITH the preamp mounted in there. No routing was required. It was a 1996 MIM Jazz that was passive to begin with.

8. rojo412

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
  9. rojo412

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    BTC is sold. JVs are available and I still have pots, so I can include a wired harness if needed.

It would be volume-pan-tone (though I may not have a capacitor, will check)

10. Payment sent for the EMG Pups!! Thanks Adam!

11. rojo412

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Thanks for buying my gear, y'all.

Enjoy, leave feedback, eat, drink, be merry! It's a celebration!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.