1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TRADED EMG JX Set 4-string Jazz Bass Active Pickups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by bassbooty, May 29, 2018.

1. bassbooty

bassbooty -Rey Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    Price:
    $99
    I'm selling a set of EMG JX pickups for 4-string bass (1 short/1 long). The pickups are very clean and in great condition (see pics) with long lead wires. They have been converted to the hardwire format and I will include a prewired vol-vol-tone wiring harness with a battery clip and a standard jack. EMG's description of the JX tone is shown below.

As far as trades go I have pretty specific trade interests:
    1. Aguilar OBP-2 or OBP-1 preamp
    2. Levy’s MSS1 leather straps

The street price for this pickup set when purchased new is $189. I'm asking $99 including shipping to CONUS with payment vial PayPal. Please PM me with any questions you may have. Thanks for looking!

--------------------------------------------------------

The EMG JX Set is based off the original J with the added headroom and dynamic response of the X Series preamp. This pickup set has classic jazz bass characteristics with a broader tonal frequency range that adds dimensions and clarity to your bass playing. EMG's design has a very low ratio of resistance to inductance, which increases the low end response, while the radiused ceramic bar magnet ensures the tone keeps a tight mid-range punch with dynamic high end response. Whether you play fretted or fretless, live or in the studio, you'll get an incredibly full sound with these bass pickups.

IMG_5059.JPG IMG_5061.JPG IMG_5062.JPG IMG_5065.JPG

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018