1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EMG noiseless pickups in a FENDER JAZZ???

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Cooper Cohen, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Cooper Cohen

Cooper Cohen

Mar 26, 2015
    Anyone have any opinion on putting EMG vac sealed pickups in a Fender? I've been rocking EMGs in my Highway One (see photo) for about 6 years, and I'll NEVER go back to the stock type! image.

2. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    those don't look like EMG logos to me.

are they the "select" versions? hate to say it, but "select" was a bottom of the barrel cheap passive pickup with a "by EMG" logo stuck on it; there's much better stuff out there nowadays.

3. Cooper Cohen

Cooper Cohen

Mar 26, 2015
    Yeah, they're the selects, but even so, I have to say that they kick the poopie outta the stock pickups! And I know haha! I've got the MEC equivalent on my Wic Corvette. There's definitely a difference! Moreover, I had the BassLines premium coils in between the stock and the EMGs, and I still prefer the latter!