1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EMG p hz questions

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by alanloomis1980, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Ive just aquired a set of emg p hz pickups. Im really not interested in converting to the emg solderless pots. So, i should be able to take that output wire, split it open, and splice a hot and a ground wire in; then wire it up like a regular pickup?

Also, anyone have success or trouble using foam under these? I wonder if the pressure of the foam would bend the wires or knock it loose or something...

Finally, any general feedback on these? My hope was that they would help with string noise clicking on my pole pieces.

Thx!

2. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz? Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    String noise on pole pieces:
    Lower pickups or clear nail polish on top of magnets
    Black electrical tape works too

alanloomis1980 likes this.
  3. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone. Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Yes, just cut off the quick connector. The white wire is hot, and the black wire is ground.

4. Mordamir

Mordamir

Oct 19, 2018
    Funeralopolis
    Yes you can. You can also do the opposite and splice a solderless end on non solderless pickups and they will plug right in. I had a solderless harness inside a parts guitar and used it to fix a different one that way.