1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EMG-P Question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Tamochantern, May 9, 2006.

1. Tamochantern

Tamochantern

Apr 20, 2006
    Decatur, MS
    Hi everyone,
    I'm currently in the process of building a p-bass. I really want to put EMG-P active pickups. However, I have a question and thought maybe some of you could give me some advice. The body I have is an MIM Standard Pbass body. Is it possible to get the battery and battery clip in under the pickguard? If any of you have any experience with this, I'd appreciate your advice!

Thanks,
    Ryan

2. p basses usually have large routing under the plates so it would be feasable. are you wanting to hide the battery under (unscrew plate for battery change) or have the plate cut to accomodate the cover for the battery (may look a bit weird).

if you just put the battery under the plate its a velcro on the inside routing job (to keep battery/clip inplace) but anty other way would mean routing or cutting the plate (whuch is possible at home see a pro (as close as you can get in yr local shop) before you decide to 'modify' the body tho)

3. Tamochantern

Tamochantern

Apr 20, 2006
    Decatur, MS
    thats the thing...I dont see where there is room for a 9 volt battery anywhere under the pickguard. I talked to a guy on ebay and he said the he used them and everything fit underneath no problem. Where exactly would it battery and velcro'd clip be?

4. you can just put the battery on the 'floor' of the routing on its wide side so it sits under the pots or if you have the single routed bodt (one continuous rout with no channels for the pup wires) you can pop the battery on its side in the middle between the pots and pup.